Sleep is so important to our overall health and unfortunately many of us don’t get a good nights rest. This leaves us lacking energy throughout the day and can even be dangerous to drive while sleep deprived.
If this is something you struggle with then I invite you to journal what are the causes of your sleepless nights? Is it something physical or perhaps emotional? By becoming aware of what is causing you to toss and turn you will then be able to find the appropriate oil to help counter that issue.
However, even if you don’t know what the root cause is, all these oils mentioned are meant to help you quiet the mind, relax the body and drift you to dreamland!
Here are 10 essential oil suggestions for optimal sleep:
1. Lavender – helps ease tension and has amazing calming and relaxing qualities, reduces anxious feelings, helps fall asleep faster and stay asleep. Known as a mild sedative.
2. Roman Chamomile – calms mind and body, soothes the systems of the body, soothes moodiness and anger
3. Ylang Ylang – reduces effects of daily stress. You can make it part of a massage by diluting and applying to your back and shoulders. Promotes positive outlook on difficult situations
4. Bergamot – brings sense of calm and harmony, reduces stress and tension levels. Brings up self confidence if the cause of sleep issues is due to insecurity or worry. Also supports healthy nervous system. Reduces feelings of negativity. Try this one a little earlier in the day since citrus oils can be a bit more energizing.
5. Patchouli – grounding and balances emotions
6. Cedarwood – brings peaceful feelings, helps unwind after a long day
7. Siberian Fir – (or any oil that ends in Fir) also grounding, balancing and soothes emotions and anxious feelings
8. Vetiver – if you stand or walk all day this can be added to your feet for soothing massage, centers emotions. Probably the most grounding as it has a strong earth scent in my opinion
9. Rosemary – reduces nervous tension and stress. All of these oils blend well with Lavender if you choose to double up!
10. Serenity Restful blend – This blend is made up of most of the oils mentioned here (Lavender Flower, Cedarwood, Ho Wood Leaf, Ylang Ylang Flower, Marjoram Leaf, Roman Chamomile Flower, Vetiver Root, Vanilla Bean Absolute, Hawaiian Sandalwood Wood) It is a relaxing aroma that sets you up for restful sleep throughout the night, reduces tension and calms emotions, helps wind down before bed. Blends have all the properties of the individual plants inside.
Which one of these will you try tonight?💧
If you want a free essential oil class, you can just text ‘learn’ to (915) 308-1818 and I will send you out a text class to give you more details on how essential oils work, why quality matters and everything you need to know within a short little text series
or you can opt in for a quick ten minute video that I recorded.
Grab my “The Magic of Oils 101” ebook for additional ways to use essential oils in your spiritual practice!